The Discovery Pro is a quadcopter from Team Blacksheep with a 2D gimbal for mounting a GoPro. Similar to its predecessor the Discovery (without the Pro) all the electronics is built into the frame. The Discovery Pro can be ordered as a kit or pre-assabled. More images can be found in the gallery.
Crashpilot documented his build and re-build in multiple posts:
- The Unboxing
- Build log part 1, part 2 and part 3 of the first build.
- Demo videos and the crash
- Building it for the 2nd time.
Starting form scratch, Crashpilot ordered the following parts from Team Blacksheep (product link) totalling at around US$ 2300 including some spare parts:
- TBS DISCOVERY PRO gimbal frame (1x) – US$ 1,949.55
- Flight Control (DJI NAZA Lite + GPS) (+ US$ 219.95)
- 900kV2 Motor & ESC set (+ US$ 279.95)
- 9×5 Graupner E-Prop Set (+ US$ 30.00)
- 5.8GHz FPV Combo (Tx, Rx, Cam, Goggles) (+ US$ 569.95)
- Diopter Adjustments for Video Goggles (+ US$ 19.95)
- Upgrade to TBS69 (+ US$ 70.00)
- Fatshark Dominator Battery (+ US$ 19.95)
- Fatshark Battery Charger (+ US$ 14.95)
- 4500mAh 4S battery (+ US$ 99.95)
- Add Flamewheel Arms (required for a full frame) (+ US$ 24.95)
- Flamewheel VTx Mount (1x) – US$ 9.95
- Set Graupner E-Prop 9×5 (2x CW, 2x CCW) (1x) – US$ 30.00
- DJI F450 Arms (4 pcs) (1x) – US$ 24.95 (spare ones)
- FrSky Taranis remote control – US$ 199.95
- FrSky X8R receiver – US$ 33.95
- Battery Charger – US$ 54.95